||PROmoting MArine Research Careers
Europe has a strong maritime economy with a high global position. The strength of the European maritime industry is based
on its entrepreneurship and ability to innovate. The European maritime companies can only maintain their position to produce
innovative products if they can attract highly qualified RTD personnel.
In order to remain at the cutting edge of knowledge and technology for green, competitive, safe and secure advanced maritime products and operations not only naval architects, offshore and marine engineers but also marine scientists, marine transport economists and financiers as well as other related science and engineering graduates have to be attracted to undertake research and development in the maritime sector. PROMARC will raise awareness of job opportunities in the marine transport technology sector in Research and Innovative product development through:
- An investigation and analysis of current National and European Union schemes to promote maritime transport sector.
- Investigation and analysis of current and future sector skill shortage and demand
- Creation of promotional materials on the research and innovation career opportunities in the maritime transport sector to be published online and as brochures and pamphlets for distribution by all sector stakeholders
- Activities to promote of marine transport technology sector in schools – including site visits, schools visits and interactive internet site.
- Activities to attract graduates to a career in research – including academic competitions, thematic workshops and summer schools It is recognised that there is a severe gender imbalance in the marine technology sector and special efforts will be targeted at female students to encourage them to follow research and innovation careers in the sector.
Project Internal pages
To login to the PROMARC member pages where you can have access to all the deliverables, presentations and other documents related to the PROMARC project, please click the following link to login: Login to PROMARC Member Pages